Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11 2008: Episode ”n”: The End of the Day

I have too many notes and memories to record before the final minutes of 9/11 2008 come upon me. Some final thoughts for the five minutes til midnight:

• Steely Dan’s “Reelin’ in the Years” is playing on KFOG
• It was a great day, with moments of sublime joy.
• I wrote a poem for the day.
• I had a real life Grail Quest.
• I pet some dogs.
• I adopted a plant.
• I furthered my career.
• I talked to some friends over the phone.
• I hugged other friends.
• I helped a friend in great need.
• I talked to someone to get help for a family in need.
• I took time to take stock of my life.
• I took time to sing and pray.
• I got to enjoy time with friends.
• As midnight turned the day to 9/12, Jackson Brown is singing out the day with “Rock Me On the Water.”

I only had one wish that was not fulfilled:

• Lloyd LaCuesta never called me back!

We’ll have to see if we can get to meet by 11/11 of this year. Hopefully we’ll get the movement started for Armistice Day. Pray and work for peace in the next two months! Let’s do something worth Lloyd’s air time.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement for my efforts this day. I will get the rest of 9/11 posted over the next day or so. There are more stories to tell.

-Peter Corless.
650-906-3134 (mobile)
petercorless@mac.com

No comments:

Post a Comment